Tuesday, September 19, 2017

But I Am Prayer

Psalms 109
David speaks in the voice of the Son of David, the Mashiach to come, whom he calls the נַצֵּחַ  the Preeminent One.

Foreseeing the expression of the opinion of the natural human thought concerning Mashiach, David describes it as the essence of falseness and hatred.  He pictures it articulating itself in scorn or treacherous flattery and other multitudes of false expression and false claims concerning him. David speaks of Mashiach saying his response is singular: “I am prayer!”  

And this is Yehoshua, whose only response to the opinion and judgment of him by the nations and by the carnal side of his own people through all centuries was to pray for Jerusalem, saying, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing!”  — and to pray, "Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit!"

Psalms 109: 1-5
Be not silent, O  God of my praise!
For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me,
speaking against me with lying tongues.
They encircle me with words of hate,
and attack me  without cause.
In return for my love they accuse me,
but I  am prayer.
So they  reward me evil for good,
and hatred for my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment